Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Chex Mix

I am a SAHM. My husband works two jobs but we still can't afford childcare for me to get a job or go back to school. As most of you know, the economy-I'll just come right out and say it- has gone to shit! I am praying that it will get better but to be honest I don't see that happening any time soon. We were hoping that Ray would qualify for an IEP which would get him into the preschool program at the local primary school for free, but we aren't sure if that will be happening now. OFF TOPIC!
Okay, so because we are a one income family (basically), we qualify for WIC. I know a lot of other families are also on WIC nowadays. One of the things you can purchase on WIC is a LOT of cereal. We don't actually eat much cereal because we own chickens and we mostly eat eggs and sausage and bacon and grits for breakfast. So our cereal has kind of piled up a LOT!

My mother-in-law found a BUNCH of Chex Mix recipes online at Chex.com (and some can be found on the back of the box itself) but we have slowly begun to try all of the different ones. So far we really like the Chex Barbeque Snack Mix, Taco-Seasoned Chex Mix, and Peppermint & Chocolate Chex Mix. We found all of these on Chex.com and each of them have the nutritional information at the bottom which is great. One serving is 1/2 a cup of mix and the Peppermint & Chocolate Chex Mix has only 190 calories per serving and I think it is the mix with the most calories. I don't normally like chex but some of these recipes are really tasty! Plus, it's healthy snacks that my boys (all 3-husband included) LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment