Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Cooking-without burning down the house

Before I met my husband, I could only make three things: potato soup, green bean casserole, and pancakes. I mean, sure, I could bake brownies or a cake from a package or heat up some canned soup, but I didn't realize how many culinary skills I lacked until I moved in with him. "JR" taught me how to make spaghetti, fish, baked chicken, pork, roast, hamburger helper, and pretty much everything else! His mama, "Julia," taught me how to make fried chicken in a pan, desserts from scratch, and a myriad of other delicious things I wouldn't have dreamed about making before.
When I visit my parents, I ask them to let me help in the kitchen now; something I never would have asked to do before becoming a mom. My dad is a great chef.  He taught me to make some goodies as well and I hope that one day I will be just as good as he is.
When I try new recipes, I will post on here as to whether or not my family enjoyed them. If they loved the recipe, I will post either a link or the recipe on here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment