Friday, November 22, 2013

Gender rules

OIf you have been reading my blog, then you already know that I have two boys (Ray 32mo, Reece 17mo). Ray is all boy. He has never been mistaken for a girl; however, Reece has been mistaken for a girl several times. Both boys have bright blue eyes and blonde hair (although Reece's is much lighter). My husband "Daddy" told me not to put Reece in an elephant costume because it was too gender neutral. I did it anyways because I thought it was super cute and at one house he was referred to as 'she' over and over again before we moved to the next house. It was not a big deal to me, but Daddy was embarrassed.

I recently began crocheting again and decided I would make the boys some leg warmers just for fun. Yesterday, it was warm enough to go outside and play but I couldn't find Reece's clean pants to I put his leg warmers on and said let's go. He was warm enough and had a blast playing outside but after posting pictures on my personal FB page I got some backlash from family friends (namely my mom-in-law's friend).

I thought he looked adorable. They are comfy and cute. Does it matter if he is a boy? Not to me. And it's not like I took him out to the grocery store that way or something. We were in my yard. I'm not putting him in a dress or putting bows in his hair. What do you think? Did I break the rules by putting him in leg warmers?

No comments:

Post a Comment