Thursday, November 14, 2013

November Changes-More Than Just The Leaves

Okay, well "Reece" has been saying "peepee" a lot and every time he says it he goes to the bathroom or I'm changing his diaper and he touches his "peter-bob." So today, after his nap, I took off his diaper and put cloth training underwear on him. I then took him to the bathroom and set him on the potty and said "go peepee" and then turned on the water in the sink. I took a cup (we keep two in the tub for the boys to play with) and dipped it in the warm water from the sink. I poured it over his "peter-bob" a little at a time and waited a couple of seconds. Sure enough, he went peepee and that was that. I jumped up and down, and clapped and "Ray" came in and celebrated and told Reece good job. We went in the living room and played for a while. He had an accident so I ran back and forth with him saying "no peepee in our pants peepee in the potty" about 4 or 5 times. After putting him on the potty I put new training pants on him. He had 4 accidents before I decided that wearing underwear was not going to work. After the fourth time, I took him to the potty and this time I left him bare-bottomed. He had one wet accident on the floor, but the rest of the day was much better and we went to the bathroom about every 10-15 minutes. At one point, I realized that he smelled, but there was no poop anywhere on the floor around us. I looked and he was just beginning to have a little accident. I took him to the potty, but once seated he did not go. By this time, it was dinner time, so we ate dinner and he remained dry and clean throughout dinner. After dinner, I put him back on the potty and he went peepee while I ran his bath water. After his bath, he sat on the potty again and went peepee, then I put a pull-up on him. I got him dressed for bed and read him a book. After reading him a book I put him in his toddler bed. We put the toddler bed in his bedroom at some point late in the summer (August/September). I wanted him to be familiar with it before I transitioned him out of the playpen and into the toddler bed. He laid in the toddler bed for about 1 minute before decideing that he wanted to get up and play. When he got up, I picked him up and put him back in bed. I spent about 10-20 minutes repeating this process over and over again. At that point, I got tired of putting him back in bed. I then picked him up and took him into the dining room where we keep the computer and turned on youtube. I found a 2 hour long video of Mozart music with calming moving pictures. I played it and waited as he fought sleep eventually giving into it. Now, I have to get my 2.5yo, Ray, to also go to sleep.... I guess it's back to Mozart.

No comments:

Post a Comment